Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quick update

 
Two quick updates. First, the Stanton drive and unpowered companion truck arrived quickly. Perhaps too quickly, as I haven't had time to get a chassis ready for them. I tested the drive on a DC test track, and it zips along really well. I'm excited. I didn't get a second powered truck as I am not going to be pulling more than a few cars at a time in the pocket terminals. These are for my box cab scratch building project

 
Also, the overheating in the 44 tonner seems to be motor-induced and not decoder-caused. There seems to be some binding, so I'll be disassembling the motor enclosure and investigating. It may be a wire routing issue, as I could have crammed the motor wires into the frame causing problems.

Pretty much a total work haltage on everything at the moment with my starting a second week of jury duty and working in the evenings to make up the lost time. Should just be one more week...

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! Second week? Did you get called for a case? I have to go to jury duty Tuesday. If we're not called for a case then it's only one day. Keeping my fingers crossed..

    I'm looking forward to seeing the end result of the boxcab project. Make sure you shoot a video of it in action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, entering second week of trial. I don't mind doing it except for the time crunch.

    ReplyDelete